Monday, July 25, 2011

A transition into reality...


I'm back to the real world...as if being in Africa was surreal or fake.  It felt like such an adventure that it couldn't be real.  
Even after a day of being back, my time there is such a blur yet set so vividly in my mind.  I was welcomed by what seemed to be the most comfortable temperature Minnesota has reached within the past few weeks; weather seems to make dramatic changes in my presence.  My jet lag is just beginning to hit me.  I woke up at 3am; it took me a minute to figure out where I was.
Mochudi? no
UB? no
Airplane? too comfortable for that.
U of M? possibly...
Home? oh yeah, right.

Today I was finally able to make pancakes; my deprivation was silenced.

I sat out in the sun for maybe 20 minutes until I got to bored; no wonder I'm so pale.  If my genes didn't keep me from getting any sun, my hatred for heat and short attention span sure do.

The familiarities of home are hitting hard; it's slightly too overwhelming.  Just as I began to feel at home in Gabs, I'm thrown back in Minnesota.  My apprehensions of school, work, and my future are hitting even harder.  Deadlines are already coming up at the end of this week, emails are filling my inbox, and loans are still ever present in my life.  Adventures come at a price.
I wouldn't trade in a single second spent in Africa, but my mind can't possibly silence itself with all of these pressing thoughts.

And how do I even begin to explain how it was in Africa? What do I say to "How was it?"? I could spend hours detailing each and every day there; "amazing" suffices.

I think I can use a few days of relaxation.  Let's just see if life allows it.

Back Home. Hello Lake Minnetonka. 



1 comment:

  1. It is very useful information at my studies time, i really very impressed very well articles and worth information, i can remember more days that articles.

    Study Abroad Consultants in Chennai | Study in Germany Consultants in Chennai | Germany Education Consultants in Chennai

    ReplyDelete