Friday, July 22, 2011

And life goes on...

"We find after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us" [John Steinbeck]


    11:51 pm...in less than 12 hours I will begin my long journey back to the tropical rain forest that is now Minnesota.
    Saying goodbyes have never been easy, but even more so now.  I am leaving new friends and a new home.  I think no matter where I go in life, a part of me is permanently attached to Botswana.  My goodbyes are only simple "until next time"s or "I'll see you again"s.  It's so difficult to accept the fact that I may not see these people ever again.  We were brought together across the world, we have grown together, and have experienced the many trivialities of this country; it's hard not feeling some kind of bond.
    Still, life goes on.  One day I will return, even if it's in one year or twenty.  I've realized that it normally takes a great deal of difficulty getting to the places you want to go, whether it's smelly flights or bug infested train rides.  But once you are there, your true journey begins.
    I have fears of leaving, fears of coming back to the US, and fears for my future.  I don't as if my time is finished in Botswana, I'm afraid of how overwhelming the states will be, and I'm still unsure of what I will do with the rest of my life.  Maybe two days worth of travel will solve that...maybe not.
    Expect some travel updates in the near future along with my last odds and ends from my time in BW.

Ke a leboga Botswana.  The lekoa will be back someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment